Almost everyone has a credit card. What you have to remember is that don’t spend beyond your means so you don’t end up paying on interest. But there are other dangers with having one and it is best you know how to avoid fraudulent credit card offers.
1. First, don’t be fooled when someone calls you up and says you can get one even if you have already have bad credit. Why? This is because credit card companies will never issue or offer you a credit card until you are once again in good standing.
2. Credit card companies never require their customers to pay up front processing your application because this should already appear in your first credit card statement.
3. If you are offered a credit card by email, ignore it because companies do not use this medium to get new clients.
4. Customers are able to get a credit card once you have attained good credit. If you are in the process of fixing it, you can apply for a “secured” credit card.” This is different because you have to deposit an amount that is equivalent to your credit limit. If you fail to pay for your expenses, the money will be used to cover it. It is new link like lending money from the bank and giving something of value as collateral. You don’t also earn interest by doing this but at least you are on your way to rebuilding your credit.
5. People who want a credit card should never buy credit cards that can only be used from a company’s own catalog because you will not be able to use this anywhere else.
Should you have problems with your credit, remember that no one will require you to pay a fee to get it fixed or at a very low cost. This just means that you have to be very careful.
The best advice for those who want a credit card is to get this directly from the issuers. You have probably seen their ads around or seen friends who have it. You just have to fill up some forms and show some documents so they can do a background check and decide whether or not to issue one.